Saniderm Tattoo Aftercare Transparent Adhesive Bandage - 10.2" x 2 Yard Roll
You are purchasing one roll 10.2" x 2 yard roll of Sani Derm.
Caring for a fresh tattoo just got easier with Saniderm Transparent Adhesive Bandages. Saniderm works by locking in the body’s natural fluids and enzymes to keep the skin moist, thus eliminating any need for lotions and ointments! The bandage is breathable and gas permeable which allows the skin to get the oxygen it needs to heal while still protecting it from water, dirt, germs, and friction. This process reduces scabbing and allows the skin to heal efficiently and naturally without any interferences. The Saniderm bandage is light and flexible and will stay on your skin as needed while still providing a full range of motion. Whether you need to shower, want to work out, or have a tendency to toss and turn in bed, Saniderm will stay on your tattoo to keep it protected.
Because of this level of easy protection, Saniderm drastically reduces overall healing time, scabbing, fading, itching, and pain. Clients have found that their healed tattoo colors remain more vibrant with Saniderm compared to other aftercare products. This professional roll is ideal for in-shop or travel use and can be cut to the size needed to fit each tattoo.
We deliver worldwide with some exceptions*
Size10.2” x 2 Yard Roll
How fast will my order ship?
We ship many of our orders same or next business day, but sometimes we get a little backed up. It is our policy to not hold any order beyond 3 business days without contacting you about the delay. Be sure to check your email, as our site will automatically update you every step of the way. Looking for an overnight delivery? We have a 2:30pm (EST) cut off for overnight packages, after that time we cannot promise overnight shipping.
Why is my package delayed?
If we are unable to ship your order within 3 business day, we will contact you to discuss the issue. We may experience delays in shipping due to inclement weather, back-orders or low stock counts, COVID related delays, large order queues, UPS/USPS issues, or other unforeseen concerns. When this happens an order specialist will be in touch discuss a resolution.
All orders for professional supplies must ship to a professional (commercial) location.
If you order professional supplies and attempt to have your order shipped to a residential location, your order will be held until we can touch base with you and get your shipping address changed to a professional/commercial location OR we are able to verify that you work in an actual shop. If this does not happen within 3 business days, your order will be canceled and refunded.
Due to UPS's policies on how they handle residential deliveries, if you have your supplies shipped to your home; once it is marked as delivered, it is your responsibility to contact UPS if your order is lost or stolen. We will not cover lost or stolen orders that are delivered to a residential address.
The map below will give you an idea of how long UPS Ground will take to reach you from our location in Harrisburg, PA - 17101
Please note that packages shipped via UPS are automatically insured for $100 USD. If you would like to have your package insured for more, please contact us.
USPS First Class (first class mail parcel)
USPS first class typically takes anywhere from two (2) to five (5) business days
Please note that USPS First Class offers no insurance. Any orders over $25 should be shipped via UPS in order to insure against loss.
USPS International Shipments
If you are ordering outside of the continental United States via USPS, we can only assist you with tracking your package while it is still in our country. Once your package arrives in another country, our ability to re-mediate any issues greatly diminishes. You will need to contact your local facility for assistance. We will not be held responsible for packages that are lost, stolen, damaged in countries outside of the continental United States.
- We do not control delivery times for any of the above services. We can certainly make a notation on your shipping label to deliver at certain times, but neither services is obligated to follow such requests. If you own a business, please make sure that your business hours are posted. That is the only thing UPS drivers are obligated to follow. USPS drivers are bound by neither special requests or posted hours.
- UPS will not deliver to PO Boxes. Please consider using USPS if you need to have a delivery sent to a PO Box.
- If your order is over $25.00 and needs to ship USPS, please contact us in order to have it insured
- Your account will be updated with a tracking number once your order ships
- Please make sure you address is spelled correctly and properly formatted. We will label your package exactly how you provided your address. If the address is wrong or not properly formatted due to how you submitted it, we will not be held responsible. We will offer no refunds due to loss of product. If your order comes back to us and you want it reshipped, you will be charged again for any reship fees.
- Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
- Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin, more in highly mobile areas.
- Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
- Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
- Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
- Wear the first bandage for 8-24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps, then remove the Saniderm. Clean and dry the area and apply a second bandage which can be worn for up to 6 days.
- For maximum comfort ensure skin is in a neutral position when applying Saniderm.
- When little bleeding will occur, (line work, on a hand, etc.) you may apply a small amount of lotion or ointment directly on the tattoo before applying Saniderm to prevent adhesion to the tattoo.
- When cutting to size, rounded corners provide the best adhesion.
- For large areas, pieces of Saniderm may be overlapped by 1/2 inch (1 cm).
- When applying to elbows and knees the joint should be in a neutral position, neither straight nor completely bent.
- Do not use Saniderm on people who have allergies to adhesives.
- If using a glycerin soap (such as green soap) be sure to rinse thoroughly as any residue will react with the adhesives and cause increased binding and possible irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Saniderm Work?
Saniderm locks in the body’s natural moisture and healing enzymes, allowing the body to heal itself in the most efficient manner possible. After skin has been injured, healing elements are produced to help break down dead tissue and rebuild new tissue. Under normal circumstances, these healing elements dry up and evaporate which reduces their effectiveness. When this happens, longer healing times are required and scabbing and scarring occur. Saniderm locks in these healing elements, and allows the skin to continue to function as normal because the bandage is permeable to oxygen and water vapor (breathable). In addition, Saniderm protects against dirt and germs while eliminating friction and other irritations that might further interfere with the healing process.
How Will It Affect My Ink?
Saniderm’s adhesive will not attach to the weeping area of a tattoo, therefore it can never damage or pull out ink. In fact, customers report that the colors of their tattoo remain more vibrant after using Saniderm, compared to tattoos that have healed by other aftercare products.
What Makes Saniderm Better Than Other Aftercare Products?
Simply put, Saniderm eliminates the tedious process that accompanies traditional aftercare and promotes the body’s natural healing agents. With Saniderm there is no need for lotions, ointments or maintenance 3-5 times a day. Not only is it extremely simple and convenient, but it protects your tattoo from dirt and germs, expedites the healing process, reduces scabbing, and enhances color quality, all while overcoming the following complaints associated with other aftercare products. Lotions are vehicles for bacteria, which can cause allergic reactions, infections and scabbing. Antibacterial soap can dry out the tattoo and cause bleeding, scabbing and fading of color. Antibacterial Ointments can create allergic reactions, discoloration, and excessive fluid weeping while petroleum based products contain no healing agents and may drain color, leaving clothes and sheets stained. Saniderm eliminates all these complaints, while harnessing the body’s natural healing enzymes and ensuring it heals in the most efficient manner possible.
Can I Shower While Wearing It?
Saniderm stays on skin even when immersed in water… so you’re able to bathe, shower and swim as normal. It is waterproof, however excessive exposure to water should be avoided because it could weaken the adhesion.
Can I Sunbathe With It On?
Saniderm does not contain any kind of sun protection, so you should avoid prolonged sun or UV ray exposure. We do not recommend exposing your new tattoo to UV rays, ever – with or without Saniderm. Even after your tattoo is fully healed, continue to use sun protection to maintain the integrity of your tattoo colors.
How Many Pieces Should I Use?
We recommend using two to three pieces per tattoo, in order to allow ample time for healing. You first piece may be used for 1-2 days, and the next two pieces should be used 1-6 days each, depending on how much fluid the tattoo weeps. If you feel your tattoo needs more time to heal you may continue using additional pieces of Saniderm but most customers report complete healing with 2-3 pieces.
How Long Should It Stay On My Tattoo?
The first piece of Saniderm can be left on your new tattoo for 8 to 24 hours. Since everyone heals differently the length of time will depend on how much fluid your tattoo weeps, which will affect the adhesion of Saniderm. If you notice excessive weeping or fluid under Saniderm, replace it with a new piece. Many people choose to use the first piece of Saniderm for 1-2 days, and wear the second piece for up to 6 days.
Could I Have An Allergic Reaction?
Saniderm is both latex free and hypoallergenic, so allergic reactions are very rare. Some people, however, have very sensitve skin and are allergic to adhesives. (Tape, bandages, etc). If you experience a rash, abnormal skin irritation, or other symptoms of an allergic reaction, discontinue use and wash with mild soap. Consult a physician if necessary. Of-course, Saniderm should never be used on infected skin.
Does It Hurt To Use?
Not at all. In fact, most people report the healing process to be less painful when using Saniderm, compared to using other aftercare products.
Where Did Saniderm Come From?
Transparent adhesive dressings like Saniderm have been used in hospitals for abrasions, burns, road rash, cuts, etc… since the 1980's. We now bring you Saniderm bandages in sizes that are more adequate for the tattoo industry, and at less than 1/2 the price of the hospital brands.
How Do You Remove Saniderm?
The best way to remove Saniderm is to find an edge and pull the Saniderm back over itself in the direction of hair growth. Pulling upward on the Saniderm can be painful. Rarely, some people will stick to the Saniderm better than others and it can be difficult to remove. In this case try removing Saniderm in warm shower, the warmth will loosen the adhesive and make if easier to remove. If that doesn’t work then you can use a small amount of olive oil or coconut oil and apply it to the edge of the bandage, the oil will weaken the adhesive and the Saniderm will come right off.
Can I Exercise While Wearing Saniderm?
Exercising with Saniderm is fine, just be aware that sweating can weaken the adhesive of Saniderm and cause the bandage to come off prematurely. So it may be best to take it easy and keep the sweating to a minimum.
Area There Any Areas That I Shouldn't Use Saniderm?
Saniderm can be used anywhere for an amazing healing experience. However, the most common place we hear about irritation is on the delicate and highly mobile skin of the upper inner bicep.